Certified Crystalline Silica Awareness Technician (CCSWT)
Course Duration: 2 Days Course
Cost: $295.00 CEU’s 1.3
Professional Credential: Certified Crystalline Silica Awareness Technician (CCSWT)
(Note: Refresher certification is required every three years to maintain professional credential.)
This course entitled “Respirable Crystalline Silica in Construction for the Exposed Worker” is designed to inform the student of the essential elements of OSHA’s new Respirable Crystalline Silica standard found in 29 CFR 1926.1153. This course is more comprehensive than the Introductory Level course and is largely developed directly from OSHA’s Respirable Crystalline Silica in construction standard.
The student will learn about the basics of silica dust and respirable crystalline silica dust encountered during construction activities. This course will identify the basic health hazards associated with exposure to respirable crystalline silica, many of the common construction tasks that could result in exposure to respirable crystalline, and control measures employers may implement to protect workers from specific construction tasks at which employees are exposed. Control strategies identified include engineering controls, work practices and respirators.
By taking the International Association of Safety, Health & Environmental Professionals (IASHEP) Certified Crystalline Silica Awareness Technician (CCSWT) / Respirable Crystalline Silica in Construction for the Exposed Worker you will have a more thorough and up-to-date understanding of the magnitude of silica in the construction environment and basic hazards, evaluation and control techniques and OSHA’s new requirements surrounding the new Respirable Crystalline Silica regulation.
Upon successful completion, you will be able to
1. Identify examples of potential exposure to silica and respirable crystalline silica and the associated dangers
2. Recognize that OSHA has strict requirements for Respirable Crystalline Silica
3. Learn safe work practices and generally recognized safe and healthier tools and techniques to control potential harmful exposure to silica and respirable crystalline silica dust.
• Introduction to Silica and Respirable Crystalline Silica (Backgrounds, definitions)
• Common Construction Activities with the Greatest Potential for Exposure
• Common Hazards, Evaluation and Control Techniques of Silica and Respirable Crystalline Silica
• Importance of and requirements for signs and labels, housekeeping, written exposure control plan, medical surveillance, training and information
• Silica and Respirable Crystalline Silica in Construction Summary
This course is principally intended to provide workers/employees that routinely work near, with and/or otherwise are exposed to silica dust and/or respirable crystalline dust requiring training and information above the awareness, introductory level. It is also intended for supervisors / managers that oversee employees with routine exposure or may otherwise be exposed to silica dust and/or respirable crystalline in the workplace. This training is applicable to employers and employees in construction and construction related activities to include environmental remediation contractors.
• Construction Workers
• Construction Foremen
• Construction Managers
Students completing the course must take a proctored final exam. A score of 80% on the final exam is necessary to receive your personalized certificate of completion. The student gets three (3) attempts to pass the course.
Need More Information?